10:00AM - 4:00PM
$60.00 - please note, payment will be collected from each student on the day of the class.
This class is a great introduction to free motion quilting on your domestic machine as you use small, manageable squares starting with very basic designs. As the day progresses you will be doing more intricate free motion designs. You will be quilting feathers - yes feathers - before the day is done!
What to bring:
- Sewing machine in good working condition (and manual if you have one).
- Extension table, if you have one.
- Mandatory - Free motion foot and walking foot.
- Quilting gloves, if you have them. They are not mandatory, but they do make quilting much easier.
- Tweezers to bring up bobbin thread.
- Basic sewing kit - scissors, cutter, etc.
- Good quality machine quilting or embroidery thread in a different colour than your fabric. Please do not use ordinary/all purpose thread.
- 4-5 wound bobbins with the same thread on them.
- #14 quilting needles.
- Mandatory - Large doodle pad and pencils. This is the most important tool for free motion quilting.
- Mandatory - Minimum of 15 quilt sandwiches (instructions on making these will be emailed to you upon registration).
Instructor: Eliza Dinner
Eliza has been quilting for 24 years and teaches free motion quilting from Bowmanville all the way to Perth. Free motion quilting is her passion and she's excited to demonstrate that quilting on smaller blocks is much easier than quilting on a large full size quilt!
- If the minimum amount of participants is not met, the workshop will be cancelled.
- In order to ensure that each participant receives enough attention to learn and complete a project in the allotted time frame, our workshops are limited in the number of participants, based on the workshop being taught unless otherwise stated.
- Materials and supplies are not included in the workshop fee unless otherwise noted.
- Cancellations must be made a minimum 72 hours prior to the workshop start date.